Pages

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Paper piecing


If you haven't caught on yet...I adore paper piecing  !!

Little Claire Dinkies are fab for this technique, just makes them MORE super cute !!

For my first card I have used "Balancing Act"

 Cut loads of small squares of matching papers to make my background and loads more faux stitching. Did I mention I adore faux stitching !!....Then paper pieced my Balancing Act with the same papers.

For the second card I have used "Branch Owls"

This time I made a moon background with blue distress ink and then stamped my owls on top and paper pieced and yes more faux stitching !!

Both my cards are 5" x 5" which is a nice size to work with.

Go on..why not give paper piecing a go, it's very relaxing and your sure to find a Little Claire stamp you'll love !!

Would love to enter:
Crafting At The Weekend: anything goes

6 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow these are so bright and fun. I love paper piecing but don't do it enough. That patchwork background is fab, I love faux stitching too and often do it. Thanks for some great inspiration this morning

Lozzy said...

Love both your cards Diane, love the colours and how you have made the back grounds..Hugs Lozzy xx

rachel said...

great paper piecing Diane - your cards are so very cute xx

Kandy's Krafts said...

Lovely card and I like your colour scheme. Thank you for sharing at crafting at the weekend challenge.

Unknown said...

Super cute and very pretty cards.

I love paper piecing to .

Thanks for joining us at G n S.

Tracey DTxx

Vic said...

Sooo cute - i esp love the tortoise card ... and the patchwork paper .. just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...