Pages

Friday 21 August 2015

My Uncle Jack



was a right lad.......My dad had two brothers and Uncle Jack was the black sheep of the family so to speak....I never met him till late in life when he had a heart attack and I offered to take my dad to see him as he lived quiet a bit away from us. I never forgot how excited he was to meet me and see his brother again,  Aunty Kit was a different matter...enough said I was warned.

I loved Uncle Jack from then on, he had a terrible sense of humor  (like me) unlike Aunty Kit !!  Not long after meeting them both Aunty Kit passed away and she was buried not far from us as she came from these parts, so Uncle Jack use to come down often to stay with a niece and visit her grave and visit us.

I use to write to him regularly and keep him up to date with goings on. He use to have carers and play them up merry hell with his humour and called them "his gals". I really wish i had met him earlier when we could have had more time.......

Anyhoo....this months theme at AMOM Scrap Club was masculine so I took Uncle Jack along with me and was soooo pleased to see it was perfect for the layout we were making.
 
We all had papers in our kits from Prima's Craftmens collection . Although the layout looks simple it has loads of layers and textures as we played with texture paste and the embossing powders, stencils, distressing edges and inking. The clock paper clip is a hidden pull out journling tag. 



























Well there you have it...my Uncle Jack.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous page hun, and a great honour to your Uncle Jack, hugs xxxx

rachel said...

a wonderful story and a wonderful page diane. love it. take care! hugs rachel x

tilly said...

a super page and what a lovely story about your Uncle
Tilly

Sandra said...

Now see this is why I adore scrapbooking. You've bought your uncle Jack into our lives as well, and through you we can smile at his antics. A fabulous page and lovely tribute xxx

MezzoKat said...

Thank you for sharing the story of your Uncle Jack. I had an Uncle Jack too, but unlike you, I knew him since childhood. He was more brother than Uncle. Lovely memory page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...