Pages

Monday 24 August 2015

A whole lot of BLING !!


What a wet grey day we have today.....but this is sure to brighten it !!

  Over the weekend I have been using fusible fibres on another project and the super thing about these fibres is you can use all your waste bits by simply fusing them together again, hence this card !!

I started with a plain piece of white card which I coloured blue with distress ink and then water splattered . Then I fused my left over cut off fibre bits together to make my background and attached it over the blue card using a sticky sheet.

Next I went mad with frantage at the bottom then mounted it on to a white piece of card, then a pink card blank. The shells are made with paper clay pushed into a mould, when dry, coloured with three colours of gilding wax.

The water bubbles are made using liquid pearls and I then used loads of pearls and bling to add around my shells. Finished off with a Stampin Up sentiment with a bit of frantage added.

Not bad for a card made with left overs !!

PS I didn't point out it is suppose to be under the sea......


Would love to enter:

Crafty Cardmakers: no patterned papers
We Love 2 Create: anything creative/ mixed media/ inky goes
Alphabet Challenges: n is for no design paper




11 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

How fabulous and certainly colourful Diane. I love the scene you have created and no-one would have guessed that it was from leftovers either. the sentiment is beautiful and so are your shimmering shells. A great project.
Lorraine

Claire said...

Wow what a fabulous project, such a creative idea to use your leftovers. Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Jacee said...

How wonderfully colourful Diane, I do love the little shells
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

this is sooo cool Diane - I have lots of leftover bits of fibre - I usually put them in the next sandwich but will definitely try this - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

Sandra said...

How great is this??? Oh I love it. Never heard of this technique before but it's amazing

Tammy said...

WOW Diane, this is gorgeous! I love the background you've created and all of the textures! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Lin said...

Oh wow, wow, wow, I absolutely love this! Love the colours, the shapes, the textures and the overall look is fabulous. Can you tell I like it?

Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation in my 'no patterned paper' challenge

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

MezzoKat said...

Beautiful card! What a neat idea to use pearls for bubbles!

Kim x said...

Fabulous card Diane, leftover bits sometimes yield the best cards don't they.
Thanks for entering our no patterned papers challenge at CCM&More.
Hugs Kimx

Josephine said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Sue U said...

Stunning card Diane, it always amazes me how bits and bobs can be used to such great effect!!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More this time... Good luck and hope to see you again soon
Hugs
Sue xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...