Pages

Thursday 27 August 2015

12 tags 2015





 Yep that's me !!  More about that in a min.....

Tim's tag this month is about die cuts and layering.

 TAG-MAIN

 There are quiet a few layers to my tag , with papers, inking, die cutting, ink stains, stamping and the photo of me, which does hold a story.....

Are you sitting comfortably, then I shall begin.....

I've been a hairdresser for over 30 years and cut my own hair using a razor which you clip on cutting depth guides from bold to 1/2".   A few years ago I had just finished cutting my hair and thought I would just go over it one more time, picked up my razor and cut a "go faster"  bald stripe across my left hand side of my head  !! I didn't notice the guild had come off !!   First I just laughed, but then thought "oh s**t".   I then tried to shave round the bottom half and leave the top,  but the "Mohegan" look wasn't for me,  so I just had to shave the lot off to nearly bald !!   Hence my Russian hat which I wore for a long time every time I went out   It was very hard to face my friends and take all the laughter, but I learnt so much from this...... (first to check the guide is on),    how people feel when they loose their hair with cancer treatment,   how cold it is,   how you get unwanted attention because of how you look and you loose you !!    It made me think and my hair did grow back, so my tag is all all about being " HAPPY " and the joy of every day..........


5 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous story Diane, I did giggle a bit about your lack of caution with the clippers but not about the reactions of people, we are strange and cruel sometimes. Thankfully your hair grew back and it was a good job you did it in winter as you would have looked rather strange in that fur hat in mid summer :)
As for the tag, it's gorgeous and bright and cheerful just like your smiling picture and is a great version of 'Timmies' one.
Lorraine

cotnob said...

A fabulous tag Diane, such lovely warm colours and great story.
Pauline
x

rachel said...

I adore your tag Diane and the story that goes with it is brilliant! Fantastic - only you!!!! Lol!!! Hugs rachel x

Sandra said...

Oh I adored this post as not only did you share a crafting project, but a story about you. More please xxx

Beulah Bee said...

I agree, Lorraine! Thanks for the smile, Diane.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...