Pages

Sunday 17 January 2016

Grandparents
































I never knew any of my grandparents sadly, but my gran in this photo was in an old peoples home and I use to go with my dad to visit her, but use to just say hello and then play outside. I only remember this smiling lady in bed, she was always smiling ....

This was their golden wedding anniversary, doesn't my grand dad look proud.  I was going to make a photo frame with the rolled up pattern paper, but decided it was so nice I would make a lay out to put in a box frame ( when I find the right one) to hang on my wall instead.

I just rolled paper round a pencil from a paper stack, made a few rolled roses and leaves to add to the corners.. Will do a bit of journling round the heart with the dates when I find them out.

hugs Diane xx

4 comments:

Sandra said...

To me this is the beauty of scrapbooking... It brings memories and our loved ones right back to us. I love what you've done here and you're right, look how proud he looks x

rachel said...

love this Diane - the rolled papers are so pretty and the photo is gorgeous. big hugs lovely lady x

Nicole Haupka said...

Oh my, looks like a lot of work went into making your own frame!

Sue said...

Awesome card, picture and story.

Hugs
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...