Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Simple with a bit of recycling



Being a crafter I see endless possibilities in recycling packaging that my crafty goodies are packed in. That being said,  I have made the flower on my simple card using the plastic which a cricut cartridge came in.






I punched out three 3" daisies using a woodware punch and three small dasies with a smaller punch. Then coloured the big daisies with blue alcohol ink and the small with yellow.. Slowly heated each daisy shape with my heat gun and then moulded into shape and then layed them up using 3d glue.


Close up isin't very good,  my old camera didn't want to play ball !! 

I embossed the "With Love" onto a piece of  whitewash colourcore and sanded back, then reversed the rest of the colourcore to use as my yellow bachground.. The swirls were cut using a marianne die which I love.

Would like to enter
Woodware: anything but a stamp
Paper Pretties : punches
Sisterhood Of Crafters : no stamps
Kaboodle Doodles : flowers

10 comments:

rachel said...

fabulous and thrifty work Diane - well done xx

Cumbrianlass said...

A pretty card love the vivid yellow and blue
thanks for joining in the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge and good luck
Janet

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... how clever are you!!! This is fabulous ... thanks for sharing this awesome recycling idea! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘NO STAMPS ALLOWED’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Diane you punch sure is cool...mine would not have punched plastic!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful, love that gorgeous flower
Lindsay xx

The Gov. said...

Very Pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog!

Michelle Looi said...

Thanks for sharing at Kaboodle Doodles
~Michelle

Lisa B said...

Oh My word I love how you reused the packaging. BRILLIANT! I as well hate wasting stuff and love finding uses for things. But I never thought of the packaging...Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks for playing along with our No Stamps allowed challenge. Hope to see your craftiness in future challenges.

Micki said...

I love it. Love that the flower is the main focus. And I simply love that you used leftover packaging. Thank you so much for playing along with us here in the Sisterhood of Crafters for our No Stamps Allowed challenge!

Dorrie said...

Wow you are a clever crafter! Sorry I have not visited before, I am now back from my trip and I am woring my way through my in box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...