Pages

Monday 11 August 2014

Prima Doll


I fell in love with the Prima dolls as soon as I saw them .  They bring back memories of my childhood of getting my weekly mag and cutting out the paper doll with her clothes that had little tabs on so you could dress her up !!   Boy they were the days !!

Plus as you know I love paper piecing, so her is my first card with a Prima Doll and I've made a tag shaped christmas card.


Now I will admit things didn't go to plan.......my green crackle paint went pink ,  think I should have primed my card first, but hay ho just went with it !!


The sparkle doesn't show up, but the tress and Jingle Bells have been covered with stickles and the berries on the dolls dress. I've also used frantage chunky white embossing enamel which makes great snow and die cut the flowers and leaves.

Would love to enter:
Artistic Stampers; anything goes
Bearly Mine: anything goes
Completly Christmas: no24 anything goes
Winter Wonderland: anythings for Xmas
Southern Girls; christmas is a-coming

10 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Diane, love your Christmas dolly! I loved playing with them as a child too, these remind me so much of that time. I have a different one, and once I started dressing her up, I couldn't stop making cards with her lol. xxx

Caz said...

Diane this is lovely...I also remember playing with them to...Caz xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

A very elegant Christmas tag. Perfect to enter our Southern Girls ‘Christmas is a Coming’ challenge. We look forward to seeing your gorgeous work in future challenges. If you love our challenges, come follow our blog and you can help us get great sponsors for next year. Hugs, Wends x SGC DT

rachel said...

oh Diane - you do love your prima dolls too don't you - and this one is truely awesome - fantastic make - they are very reminiscent of dress up dolls aren't they - oh how I used to love them! Hugs rachel xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Design just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas....Thank you for sharing with us,
we look forward to you joining in with the fun again next time...
Hugs
Suzy B ( Owner )
xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

fabby dab tag , I cant grasp frantage have tried allsorts of ways to use it - yours looks fab though xx

Renee B. said...

This is lovely Diane....I remember playing with paper dolls when I was a little girl (many moons ago) & having so much fun! If you gave kids paper dolls today they would look at you as if you were nuts! LOL
Hugs, Renee

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous Prima stamp tag you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

Sandy said...

She's gorgeous. A fabulous Christmas tag.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Completely Christmas Challenge blog this past week.
Hugs,
Sandy

susiestacey said...

Oh Happy Memories of cutting out the dolls/clothes in the weekly mags - wonder what the kids of today would make of them?
Gorgeous tag. Thank you for sharing with Winter Wonderlands 'Anything Goes' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...